Chief Financial Officer/Operations
Based Manchester Salary: £80k to £100k
Our client has experienced phenomenal growth since its launch almost a decade ago. The parent company of fast fashion womenswear labels, they started life out as a Manchester based business. Today, their labels are truly global and can be found in over 30 countries worldwide including the USA, Canada, Italy and Australia. Their successful short order business model has enabled them to quickly establish themselves as one of the leading womenswear players on the UK and international markets. They control all aspects of the supply chain from design through to distribution, ensuring they consistently exceed their customers’ expectations with the right styles, at the right price, at the right time.
With a warehouse distribution centre and separate head office in Manchester, they are continuing to expand their e-commerce operations and partners. They reach millions of customers through a multi-channel business operation, including concessions and partner consumer website platforms. In their few short years trading they have racked up an impressive array of industry accolades and awards.
The role of Chief Financial Officer is to head a team of 4 accounts staff, based from their head office in Manchester.
Duties will include:
- Supervising and production of full group financial reporting including consolidation of 4 group companies, which includes a US based subsidiary, retail outlets (concessions & e-commerce), and investment in real estates.
- Controlling and supervising sales and purchase ledger, credit control, bank reconciliations, inter-company reconciliations, foreign currency management and other day to day finance activities in the accounts department.
- VAT returns including VAT inspections, intra stat and EC Sales International VAT returns including registrations in Holland and Ireland.
- Sales reporting including Wholesale, Ecommerce and Concessions.
- Stock reporting & monitoring – UK and Continental Europe (3rd party warehouse)
- Overseeing all import and export processes to ensure compliance with HMRC
- Ensuring that banks are reconciled accurately and monthly, including current accounts, Amex, Sagepay, PayPal and PDQ
- Strategic analysis & forecasting – Strong excel skills required
- Brand registration trademarks in UK, CTM, and across the world
- Collecting and reporting Corporation tax information to external auditors
- Control and reconcile director’s loan account and dividends
- Liaising with external auditing agencies, legal bodies and statutory organisations to ensure financial compliance
- Liaising and managing the relationship with the banks & funders
- Commercial properties, leases, rents, reviews, and other legal matters
- Group statutory accounts and year ends
- Foreign subsidiary year end information reporting to a third-party accountant
- The day to day running of operations across the business, and to deputise for the owners if away
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent work ethic – hard working, tenacious & accurate
- Professional and friendly attitude, with good communication skills
- Ability to work as a team, but also independently
- Previous experience in a growing & busy international SME business
- Experience of taking a business from wholesale/retail to online
- Working within a similar entrepreneurial environment, and experience of taking a business to the next growth level
- E-Commerce, online retail/wholesale is a must
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified senior accountant with a proven track record in wholesale /fast growing retail. Post qualification experience – minimum 5 years, ideally 10 years +
Ideally experience of SAP Business 1 system